Saturday, April 21, 2012

Classic Green Pesto Sauce



Not a very original recipe this one, but definitely one of my all-time favorites. I usually keep some of this pesto sauce in my freezer to use in a quick savoury pasta dish when I’m low on time (or cooking motivation).

If you’re feeling creative you can always experiment with different kinds of greens and/or nuts (I’ve tried subtituting pine nuts and basil for pistachios and rocket myself, which turned out very nice).

Ingredients

35 g fresh basil leaves
1 garlic clove
20 g pine nuts
50 g grated parmesan
3-4 tablespoons olive oil extra vergine
salt to taste (optional)

Method

Process basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan and garlic in food processor until finely ground (stopping half way to scrape down sides if necessary).
Add oil one tablespoon at a time until pesto reaches desired consistency.

Can be stored for about 5 days in the fridge or longer in the freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment