Saturday, April 21, 2012

Italian Style Cauliflower




The supermarket holds quite a few sauces and spices to jazz up your cauliflower (some are even quite nice for those days when you don’t feel like put any extra effort into your dinner) but nothing beats an old family recipe in my opinion. My mom used to cook this for me when I was a kid and I gratefully copy her recipe every now and then now I live on my own.

Ingredients

1 cauliflower head
1 can of diced tomatoes
2-3 garlic gloves
50 g grated parmesan cheese
10 g flat parsley leafs
1 tablespoon oil



Method

Chop cauliflower in medium sized pieces and cook until almost done (‘al dente’). Heat oil in a large skillet and bake cauliflower for a couple of minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes, minced garlic and chopped parsley leafs and add grated parmesan cheese on top. Put lid on pan, turn down heat and let simmer until cheese melts.  



No comments:

Post a Comment