Monday, April 23, 2012

Real Cake Batter Ice Cream





Being a great fan of crazy ice cream flavors I was instantly overjoyed when I discovered a recipe for cake batter ice cream. I obtained a box of Ducan Hynes cake mix at an American food store and I tried the recipe. Only to find out that the resulting ice cream tasted exáctly like the super cheapo brand of vanilla ice cream from my local supermarket. Major disappointment there. Now there is of course a small chance that most Americans would go wild about my local supermarkets cheapo ice cream, but I tend to believe that cake batter ice cream made with cake mix just doesn’t really taste like cake batter. This recipe might be slightly unhealthier than the cake mix based ice cream recipes, but it tastes exactly like pound cake batter, yum!

Warning: This ice cream contains raw eggs
(if you are however, like me, not afraid of eating spoons full of cake batter when making cake, you might as well eat this ice cream. Alternatively, you can leave out the egg whites, but I found they added to the flavor)

Ingredients

100 g butter
100 g sugar
100 g flour
2 eggs
150 ml whole milk
150 ml heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

Soften butter in microwave. Put in large bowl and whisk until creamy. Whisk in sugar, then add eggs to mixture. Add (sifted) flour a little bit at a time and whisk until smooth. Add milk, whipping cream and vanilla extract, whisk again until just incorporated. Refrigerate until very cold.

When chilled, transfer mixture into ice cream maker and process according to manufactures’ instructions. Serve with a slice of freshly baked cake for the ultimate sinfully blissful cake experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment